Thursday, May 31, 2012

Upcoming Events: The Chocolate Stroll

Audiences make the occasion. That has to be true because I just said that.

We will be playing this Saturday, June 2nd, as part of Mount Vernon’s Chocolate Stroll.

We will be in the Gazebo in Mount Vernon’s memorial Park from 2:00-4:00.

We have played this event twice before. This picture was taken last year.



It is always a fun day for the town. I enjoy it, of course, because I see friends and neighbors in the crowd. I also enjoy it because it gives young kids a chance to hear–and see–music live and swinging.

I have to confess that I have a small sense of mission in this connection. A few such events that I was taken to when I was a kid added a lot of its shape to my life.

Here are people having fun--in the Gazebo in Mount Vernon.  Hope we see a lot of Mount Vernon and Cedar Rapids friends there Saturday.

Sideman Solos
Love Being Here with You

No comments:

Post a Comment