Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When Friends Stop By


It’s probably a reflection of my old life, but among the the fringe treats I love in this new life are all of the pr stuff and having special friends show up for a gig. Students generally come to see professors only when things aren’t going well. Deans want to see professors only when the Dean is perturbed about something (which Deans usually are). People don’t drop into the office just for fun.




So I really enjoy things that call attention to good times. I like seeing the signs on the Longbranch and on First Avenue advertising the Eddie Piccard Quartet, and I loved seeing the article which appeared in Hoopla (Cedar Rapids Gazette).  I like the poster in the lobby at the Longbranch which lets hotel guests know about the band and which brought in a couple of new listeners recently.

A couple of weeks ago I got a special surprise.  My niece Lara drove from Bloomington, Illinois, just to catch the band and brought along her friend Kent as a bonus.



We had a great time. And we always play better when friends are present. I hope they come back and that others will drop in--soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment